Discussing the topic of safety related to the performance of the Hajj pilgrimage is considered inspiring. After all, we are talking about the House of ALLAH. No power or force is greater than that of ALLAH and so for this reason, all believers are required to reflect upon this thought. There are a number of factors that can be taken into heed as to why safety is related and considered as the miracle of Hajj. Let’s take a closer look at the topic of safety and why it’s regarded as the miracle of Hajj.
Safety of Hajj and security regarding the performance
The world we live in today is not considered as the safest place for many people across the globe. With that being said, Hajj encompasses more than two million pilgrims residing and moving across tiny areas that are connected. When it comes to safety and protection of these numerous people, there’s no denying the fact that ALLAH’s intervention has turned Hajj into an absolute miracle. This can be the only reason that numerous mishaps and accidents are kept at a bare minimum.
Why is the safety of Hajj considered to be of the highest standard?
The pilgrimage of Hajj is considered to be of the highest standard for several reasons. In order to get an understanding as to whether or not Hajj is safe, it’s necessary to see the conditions that are dealt with during Hajj. Let’s take a look:
- Pilgrims are always on the go, round the clock
- Movement of pilgrims in huge numbers and within a short period of time
- The closeness of setup of pilgrims’ tents at Mina
- Low crime rate
- Issues are mainly related to small arguments, thefts or traffic violations
As can be observed from the conditions above, Hajj takes place within a compact environment where millions of people are involved. Despite these circumstances, the rituals are performed with great ease and security. Seeing all of this makes one realize that some sort of external power or force must be involved for the safety of Hajj pilgrims.
Verses from the Quran about the security of Makkah
The Holy Quran validates the fact that security was and continues to be from ALLAH, the Lord of the worlds. Examples include the following:
- “And mention when we have made the House a place of return for the people and a place of security.”
- “By the fig and olive. And by the Mount Sinai. And by this secure city Makkah.”
- “Have they not seen that we have make Makkah a safe sanctuary, while people are being taken away all around them?”
The fact that ALLAH’s constant watch and guidance is always on the city of Makkah makes the performance of Hajj with all its rites and rituals a very secure journey.