Friday is considered as the most important day of the whole week. On Friday, Jummah prayer is offered and imams deliver a sermon on any topic of their choice on every Friday prayer. Different hadiths have clarified that Prophet Muhammad SAWW used to celebrate Friday just the Eid is celebrated. There are a number of different Sunnah of Prophet Muhammand PBUH acts of Jummah that tells us who one must spend their Friday and what should they do in order to celebrate this day.
Following are a few virtues and Sunnah acts of Jummah (Friday) that should be observed
- One must go to the mosque of Jummah prayer as early as possible.
- Clip nails and use ittar (non-alcoholic perfume) on Friday
- Take ghusl (obligatory bath).
- Use Miswak, and oil your hair.
- Wear your best clothes to perform the congregational prayer.
- If possible, then go to the masjid for prayer on foot. Because there is reward of years of nafl fast for every step taken towards to masjid in order to offer congregational prayer.
- One must not talk during the khutba and should listen to the khutbah attentively, even if there is something that you do not understand you should still not ask about it and continue to listen.
- Send loads of blessing to the Holy Prophet ﷺ by reciting Darood plenty of times throughout the day.
- It is in the Sunnah acts of Jummah that you should read surah Al Aála in the first rakah of namaz and surah Gaathia in the second one.
- Surah Kahf must be recited on Friday as it will protect from the tourney of Dajjal.
- Supplicate all day. It is said in sahih ahadith, that there is an hour on this day on which whatever dua’a is made, it is accepted. Since no one knows about this hour so it is best to make supplications all the day.
- Durood e Ibrahimi should be recited 80 times right after asar prayer. By doing this Allah will forgive sins of 80 years and convert them into 80 years of worship
- Make sure to sit as close to the imam as possible for better clarity in your khutba.
- One must not jump over the Brothers in order to get the site in the front row. You should sit where you find an empty space.
- One of the Sunnah acts of Jummah states the one must listen to the khutbah very attentively and should not speak even if they are speaking to make another stop talking.
May Allah SWT help us follow these sunnahs and give us ability to add good deeds in our book of acts, Ameen.